About Jo Ann
JoAnn Giovanetti-Rencz developed a love for art at an early age. Her passion for art, and her grandmother’s encouragement, paved the way for JoAnn to pursue her dream to become an artist. Today, God’s creation is her constant source of inspiration. JoAnn’s preferred mediums include natural earth paints, oil pastels, and pencil. Her art is organic in shape, colorful, and inviting. Each piece evokes tranquility and demonstrates her appreciation and respect for nature. The artist’s current collection builds on the many shapes found in nature. JoAnn has the gift of seamlessly blending the peace we find in the natural world with the movement of color.
JoAnn’s work has been displayed in several Cleveland area galleries. Believing her talent is a gift from God, she enjoys giving back to the community by teaching art to others. As a former teacher at Bay Arts and The Cleveland Museum of Art, she has had the pleasure of working with aspiring artists of all ages. Studying the art of Cassette Degas and O’Keeffe in the museum has also inspired her, and their influences are reflected in her work.
JoAnn is a native of the Cleveland area and a graduate of the Cooper School of Art. She currently resides in Seven Hills, Ohio with her husband Joe of 37 years. Together they have raised four wonderful children, and are now enjoying two beautiful granddaughters.
In their current season, the family’s home continues to be filled with an abundance of love for life and art.
Paint Your Word Ministry was recently born out of a time reflection of how to move further down the road as JoAnn continues to fulfill her dream as an artist. Her newly redefined vision is to inspire, educate, and give back to schools, missionaries, her community, and the world through teaching, educating, and thoughtful discussion about her God-inspired pieces.
Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio,
Currently lives in Seven Hills
Style & Method
• Natural earth paints, oil pastels, and pencil• Found objects, recycled and textured papers, and canvas• Painted applications onto metal and fiberglass sculptures• Fiber art
• Accademia del Giglio, Florence, Italy
Life Drawing Workshop 2018
• Cooper School of Art, Cleveland, Ohio, 1980
Fine Art, Communications Design
• Cuyahoga Community College, Cleveland, Ohio, 1983, 1984
Life Drawing, Ceramics
Selected Solo (and two-person) Exhibitions
2019 Traversed Media, Featured Artist
Beachwood Community Center
2019 Root Cafe, Featured Artist
2019 BAYarts, Featured Artist
2018 GalleryPlus, People's Choice Artist Winner
2017 Rising Star Coffee
2017 Tomorrows Hair Salon
2017-18 Coffee Phix
2017 Christie Klubnik - The Artistry Of
Western Reserve Bank
2015 Deborah Nicholl Interiors & Co. Featured Artist
Selected Group Exhibitions
2019 Mandel JCC Juried Show
2018 BAYarts Faculty Show
2018 Cleveland Art Association carta
2017 Mandel JCC Show
2016-17 St. Clair Superior Development Corp
The Year of the Monkey 2016
The Year of the Rooster 2017
2017 American Fiber National Juried Exhibition,
Morgan Art of Papermaking Conservatory and Educational
Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio
2016, 2015 Cleveland Museum of Art Staff Show
Transformer Station Cleveland, Ohio
2017 Waterloo 7 Studio & Gallery Collaboration Project with
Jerry Schmidt Collinwood , Ohio (Cleveland)
2015-Present Seven Hills Recreation Center Mural & Seasonal
Accolades & Press
Also received City of Seven Hills Proclamation
• 2019 Parma Observer, March, Article
• 2019 Sun News, February, Article
• 2018 GalleryPlus, People's Choice Artist Winner
• 2017 Mandel JCC Show - Honorable Mention
• Cleveland Museum of Art , Cleveland, Ohio, 2008 – 2019, Master Teacher: Teach adults, young adults, and children painting and drawing, and create curriculums for the CMA
• BayARTs , Bay Village, Ohio, 2017 – 2019, Artist/Teacher: Youth and adult instructor for painting, pastels, and drawing
• Private Instructor on a client to client basis, Cleveland, Ohio, March 2001 – Present
• Brecksville Center for the Arts, Brecksville, Ohio, May 2001 – July 2015
Drawing Teacher: Taught instructional courses on oil pastels, and instilled fundamental drawing and composition skills to children and adults.
• The Cleveland Speech & Debate Club, Cleveland, Ohio, September 2002 –September 2011 Fine Arts Instructor: Developed course curriculum, emphasizing art fundamentals and various art mediums and studies in art history.
• Heritage Study Center, Hudson, Ohio, September 2003 – May 2005, Fine Arts Instructor: Developed course curriculum for K-12 students providing instruction on various art
mediums and art history.
• Independence Art Guild, Independence, Ohio, July 1990 - November 2006, Board Member/ Fine Arts Instructor: Educated adults and children providing instruction on various mediums
including; drawing, watercolor, oil pastel, and tempera painting.
• Higbee Company, Cleveland, Ohio, May 1980 – April 1990, Visual Merchandiser: Built props for interior floor displays and windows utilizing various textiles and lighting, exhibited visual themes for interior floor displays and windows.